Roasted vegetable tray bake
Cook time & Preparation
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Preparation: 5 mins
- Serves: 3
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 courgette
- 3 handfuls of kale
- 1 tin of either butterbeans, cannellini beans, lentils or chickpeas
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp pesto – red or green.
- Pop the oven on 180°C
- Peel the sweet potato and chop into small chunks along with the peppers and courgette
- Place in a baking tin and mix the olive oil over the vegetables ensuring they are all covered
- Cook for 15 minutes, turning the vegetables part way through.
- After 15 minutes stir through the pulses of your choice and the chopped kale.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, then remove from the over, stir through the pesto and serve.
My top tips – the trick to this recipe is to cut the vegetables into small chunks so that they cook quickly. Any combination of vegetables can be used, along with any source of protein. Cooked chicken pieces or diced feta cheese also work well in this recipe. Any leftovers are good for lunch the next day.